FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions  































































A. Fully equipped!  From Q-tips & cotton balls in the bathroom, introductory soaps and paper products to a 30-cup coffee urn to recycle pick-up, we've tried to anticipate your every need so you can spend your time at the farmhouse relaxing and enjoying the area.  All utilities and expenses attendant to the house are included with the exception of telephone charges for actual calls made.  All linens, towels, kitchen cooking utensils, pots & pans, china & glassware are also provided.


Q. What time do I have to sign in/out?

A. We try to be flexible if possible.  If other renters are leaving the day you arrive, we ask that you come no earlier than 4:00 PM.  If new renters are arriving the day you depart, we ask that you do so no later than 11:00 AM so that we have time to prepare the house for our next guests.


A. There are two wired phones in the farmhouse which are there in case of emergencies.  Most people prefer to use their cell phones.  We only charge for calls and taxes on calls during ones stay; we don't charge for normal service.


A. We request garbage be left in the compactor or the outside containers; recycle ready for collection in the bin provided under the vegetable sink; and dirty dishes placed in the dishwasher.  Obviously cleaning the house and changing the linen are the responsibility of the owners.


A. We try not to disturb you during your stay however,
  • in summer the lawns may require mowing
  • autumn leaves need to be removed
  • winter may dictate that the driveway needs to be plowed; an oil delivery might be scheduled
  • propane gas deliveries for the kitchen
  • any necessary repairs and upkeep to insure your comfort

A. The following distances and times are by MapQuest using shortest distance
  • Bousquet is 10.07 miles to 101 Dan Fox Drive, Pittsfield, MA 01201 about 19 minutes
  • Butternut is 11.27 miles to 380 State Road, Great Barrington, MA 01230 about 22 minutes
  • Catamount is 21.52 miles to 3290 State Hwy 23, Hillsdale, NY 12529 about 29 minutes
  • Jiminy Peak is 22.87 miles to 37 Corey Road, Hancock, MA 01237 about 31 minutes


A. Card Pond is just around the corner.  Turn right upon leaving the house, and take the first road on the left (Route 41).  The pond is on the left.


A. Besides Card Pond in West Stockbridge 
  • Richmond
    • Richmond Pond, Boys Club Road
  • Lenox
    • Cranwell Resort has an indoor and outdoor pool open to the public on a fee basis
  • Pittsfield has three places one can swim
    • Onota Lake, Onota Boulevard, the entrance is through Burbank Park
    • Pontoosuc Lake, Route 7 and
    • Berry Pond in Pittsfield State Forest
  • Monterey
    • Benedict Pond, 69 Blue Hill Road

A. We request 25% of the total cost of the visit in order to secure a reservation.  An additional 25% is due 60 days prior to arrival with the 50% balance due 30 days prior to arrival.  Once a booking is confirmed, we will send you e-mail invoices that can be paid by credit card via PayPal.  For reservations made within 30 days of arrival date, we will invoice 100% of the cost of the visit to secure the reservation.

Return to FAQs

A. We do not request a security deposit as such.  At the time of final payment, we ask for the guest's credit card number that will only be used in the unlikely event of damage.  Since the house is furnished to be comfortable and easy to live in, it does not contain lots of fragile or breakable items.  Therefore, we do not anticipate having to use the credit card on file.


A. Cancellation of a confirmed reservation is a painful experience for both the guest and the owners.  The guest may cancel because of some unexpected hardship; meanwhile the owners may have turned away other rental opportunities.  We try to make the process as painless as possible.  There are no penalities for cancellations made more than 60 days before the arrival date.  Within 60 days of the arrival date, cancellations may result in forfeiture of the advance payments unless substitute guests can be found for the period reserved.  Within thirty days of the arrival date, cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay may result in forfeiture of payments made unless substitute guests can be found.  Failure to pay the final balance may be deemed a cancellation.